Two FREE VBS themes to choose from!
A 4-Day Series for VBS about Spiritual Habits.
Memory Verse: Psalm 40:5a (NIV)
Kids are naturally curious, and when you’re curious about who God is it’s easy to grow your relationship with Jesus. That’s why, in this 4-part series for Vacation Bible School, we’re going to engage kids’ imaginations! Kids will not only get curious about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics — but also about the God who created it all! They’ll hear from early church leaders like Paul, Peter, John, and Timothy, who helped the first Jesus-followers wonder what made their stories unique, what gifts God gave them (and how they could use those gifts to serve), what they could learn from others, and how they could spend time with God.
MISSION: DEEP SEA
A 4-Day Series for VBS about Spiritual Habits. Memory Verse: Ephesians 3:18
A crew of deep sea explorers from the Sea Exploration Agency are on a mission to explore the deepest depths of the ocean, in search of knowledge about its Creator — and you’re invited too, as a SEA agent in training! As our crew travels deeper and deeper below the surface, experience the wonders of creation, face a few challenges, and discover that knowing our Creator doesn’t require a special badge or a submarine. Our faith grows deeper when we spend time with God, spend time with others, use our gifts to serve, and share our stories of faith.
We’ll encourage kids to wonder about the unique story God is telling with their lives and how their story might connect with God’s big story of salvation through Jesus.
- BIG IDEA: I wonder what makes my story unique?
- BIBLE: Ephesians 2:4-10 — Paul teaches the church of Ephesus that God created and saved us for a purpose.
We’ll help kids discover how God uniquely created them and wonder how they can use their unique gifts to love others and change the world together with Jesus.
- BIG IDEA: I wonder what gifts God gave me?
- BIBLE: I Peter 4:10 and II Timothy 1:6-7 — Peter teaches believers and Paul teaches Timothy that God has given us gifts we can use to serve others.
We’ll encourage kids to practice healthy community and help them wonder how learning from, caring for, and loving others can help their relationship with Jesus grow.
- BIG IDEA: I wonder what I can learn from others?
- BIBLE: I John 4:11, I Peter 4:8 — John and Peter teach believers how we can love each other like God loves us.
We’ll encourage kids to wonder how they can get to know and become more like Jesus through worship, prayer, and reading and memorizing the words God gave us in the Bible.
- BIG IDEA: I wonder how I can spend time with God?
- BIBLE: Colossians 1:9-12, 3:16, 4:1-3 — Paul teaches believers how to continue growing in their faith.
Our mission begins as our SEA agents discover that we need each other on our journeys of following God.
- BIG IDEA: People can help my faith grow deeper.
- BIBLE: Exodus — God parts the Red Sea and Moses leads God’s people out of Egypt.
There’s trouble ahead! Our SEA agents must work together as they discover that God created and gifted all us uniquely.
- BIG IDEA: My faith grows deeper when I use my gifts.
- BIBLE: Luke and John — at the Sea of Galilee, a little boy shares his lunch and Jesus uses it to feed a crowd of 5,000 people.
As our mission reaches even greater depths, our SEA agents make a big discovery about the God who made them.
- BIG IDEA: My faith grows deeper when I spend time with God.
- BIBLE: Genesis and the Gospels — Jesus makes a way for us to be close to God, both now and forever.
Our mission ends, but it’s not complete! Finally back on shore, our SEA agents must share what they’ve discovered with others.
- BIG IDEA: My faith grows deeper when I share my story.
- BIBLE: Jonah — Jonah is sent to Ninevah to tell others about God, and a whole city is saved!
** OPTIONAL DAY 5: A combined kids-and-parents event on the last day of VBS.
FROM KENNY & ELLE . . .
Hey Kids Ministry Leaders! If you couldn’t tell, our team is here to make sure you have everything you need to make VBS awesome this year. For FREE! Because we know money is tight, and we’ve got a hunch you could find a new creative way to make use of that VBS curriculum budget.
We hope this FREE VBS curriculum makes your summer a little bit easier, gives your kids ministry or children’s ministry a little more time to be creative, and gives you a little more room in your budget so you can invest in your team and in families. So enjoy!